YOUTH - The weekly round up.

18's Go Through in the FA Youth Cup

Salisbury FC under 18s continued this seasons journey in the FA Youth cup with a 3-2 win against Winchester city at the Ray Mac on Thursday evening, in the First qualifying round. The previous preliminary round Salisbury defeated the much fancied Havant and Waterlooville 1-0 with a great strike from Jim Ward deciding the tie. The whole team battled hard in that game having no subs to bring on in a hard fought away game, outstanding performances from Josh Sommerton, Ed Timperley and Jakub Lewigrz gave Salisbury the edge.

The game on Thursday against Winchester was a cracker. Salisbury got off to a fine start with Josh Sommerton running at the Winchester defence, twisting inside and out until he was brought down in the penalty area. Jim Ward stepped up and put Salisbury 1- nil up. Winchester then capitalised on some sloppy play from Salisbury and scored from a cross to level the tie. Winchester continued to attack the Salisbury goal and Jakub Lewigrz was called upon to make some very good saves in the Salisbury goal to keep the game 1 all at half time.

In the second half Salisbury worked really hard to get into the game, Charlie Cooper and Josh Sommerton making some very good runs forward with the ball. The 2 front men for Winchester were counter attacking well, and on many occasions posed a threat to the Salisbury goal.  The Winchester forward then made an excellent run towards the Salisbury goal and scored with an excellent strike to give Winchester the lead. This seamed to stir the Whites up, and they now started to produce better quality in the final third. The ball was crossed into the box and one of the Winchester defenders in trying to get the ball under control was judged to have handled the ball. Jim Ward stepped up to try and put Salisbury back in the game with only 10 minutes remaining. However the keeper made an excellent save. The Whites remained a goal behind with time running out.

Harry Rutty steeled his team into a final push for the last remaining minutes of the game. First it was James Philips with great shot from the edge of the area that flew into the top corner to put Salisbury back in it. The dramatically with just seconds remaining to his personal relief, Jim Ward picked up the ball just outside the box, stepped past his man and fired in the winner.

Well done to both sides whom played out a really entertaining game. Whites 18's now face AFC Totton at the Ray Mac on Thursday 5th October in the next round.

West Country Joy for the 15's again.

Following on from a win at Yeovil the week before, it was Paulton Rovers this week in the Junior premier league seeding games.

This match turned out to be one way traffic fairly much from start to finish. With the Whites Captain and play maker Alfie Hawke unfit, it was not the best football played by this team, but it was effective, fast and too powerful for the opposition.

The Whites front man Ashton Goodger got on the score sheet again as did Sam Butt with his second hatrick in 6 days! However goal of the game went to new signing from AFC Bournemouth, Zach Smith. A very well controlled volley with his right foot from a cross from the left literally gave the keeper no chance at all.

JPL Gold went to Sam Butt by default of the 3 strikes. Silver went to keeper Tom Brooker who virtually played keeper / sweeper in this game. Yes it is normally phrased the other way round, but he used his feet more than his hands in this game. Bronze went to left back Declan Green.

Match ended 6 v 0 and the Whites will now wait to see what tier they are placed in for the league proper that starts in 4 weeks time. The next three weeks see's cup seeding games. Again this Saturday we travel west to Bristol!

The 15's on Sunday could only muster 10 men to face Deportivo Boca however, 10 was enough to see them over the line with a 8-1 victory against a team struggling with an injury crisis of it's own.

Under 14's left puzzled in Hedge End

Salisbury FC U14 White travelled to last years Tyro Div1 champions Hedge End. Salisbury started bright and had a couple of early chances, only for the ref to gift Hedge End a penalty for no reason that the Whites could understand. This fired the Whites up and a dazzling run from Stu Cross leaving three players in his wake resulted with the ball nestling in the top left corner to even things up. 

The 14's whites were busy in the summer signing 6 new players, had got into stride early in this game and were controlling dominating and hassling the champions goal.

Hilton slid home a second from a fine ball over the top from Mussell would see the white ahead at half time. Salisbury still came out strong and would get a third through Waterston to make it 3-1. Then Hedge End finally found some form and bagged three goals in 15 minutes to put their noses ahead 4-3.

With 5 minutes remaining a shell shocked Salisbury threw everything at Hedge End and finally they thought they got their break through from a deep free kick which ended with Boudry bundled over in the area the ref instantly blew his whistle, picked the ball up - carried it two yards out the box for a free kick! The free kick came to nothing and Hedge End went on to win 4-3. The management team are delighted with the way the team has gelled and worked so hard in training and pre season. The squad were dominant,  strong and no way deserved to lose this game and will battle on.

Under 14 Blacks go down to Marchwood Rangers

The U14s Blacks hosted Marchwood Rangers on an uncharacteristically warm September morning.


The kick off was delayed for 30 minutes as the Rangers arrived at a different ground to their hosts, but this seemed to benefit the away side as the Blacks had been waiting for some time and started the game rather sluggishly.


Blacks keeper Chris Mundy was in the thick of the action, making some excellent saves during the opening exchanges, with Jody Parker, Joseph Cligg and Abdul Ahmed making some superb challenges to prevent goal scoring opportunities.


When attacking, the Blacks looked dangerous down the left, with Finlay Monteith causing problems being supported by the marauding Leo Penna from left back.


The game ebbed back and forth, each team unfortunate not to break the deadlock, but eventually it was broken, as the Rangers burst through the Blacks defence and despite their best efforts, the Blacks couldn’t prevent the ball from just crossing the line.


This seemed to be the goal the Rangers needed to lift them and they were soon two goals ahead as another through ball beat the Blacks defence and the forward held his nerve to slot home.


The Blacks kept battling, trying to produce some good football and open up the Rangers defence, with Travis Reed and Jake Bartlett coming close to creating scoring opportunities from the right hand side with Logan Blandford continuing to press from midfield. It’s fair to say that the Rangers keeper had a very solid game.


As half time approached, the Rangers scored a third to give them a boost and give the Blacks a tough team talk.


The Blacks made some formation changes for the second half and this provided a platform for them to attack more. Connor Mehaffey helped support the attacking line while Sam Hunter expertly provided an extra layer of defence in midfield, breaking up play and looking to find the runs of Bradley Robinson, who had a couple of chances to get the Blacks back in the game but was thwarted by the Rangers keeper.


And then the much deserved breakthrough came. Good work down the right from Jake and Travis resulted in a cross that evaded everyone except the ever alert Aidan McMullan, who nodded the ball in at the far post. Suddenly the Blacks were invigorated and pushing to score more. Several chances down the left where thwarted as the Rangers looked to fight back on the counterattack but the Blacks held firm and the scored again, as a ball in from the left bounced invitingly to Archie Ford who slotted passed the keeper.


With the game looking very much in the hands of the Blacks they went in search of the equaliser, but their desire to attack left them vulnerable at the back, and the Rangers took full advantage of this by breaking through and scoring three late goals and hitting the bar.


It was a disappointing way for the game to end considering the way the Blacks had battled back to be one goal behind, but the Rangers attack was clinical in the final moments and ultimately proved decisive. FT SFC 2 v Marchwood Rangers 6.


Man of the Match for the Blacks - Jody Parker

More of the same for the Under 13's

After scoring 12 goals in the opening game of the season, the whites began there 1st home game at their new home venue, South Wilts Cricket club.  
The opposition was a strong Shipton Bellinger side. With the whites struggling to get the grips of the match and the new pitch in the first half, that was until Archie Ford scored with a speculative long range lob. However, before the first half finished whites keeper Jack Weeks pulled off a strong save to keep the match at 1-0.  

Second half saw the whites turning on there class. A low drive from Dylan Beauchamp set up Callum Young to make it 2-0, then assisted again for Dylan to score to make it 3-0.
Fin Roberts then struck a volley from 15 yards to lob the keeper and make it 4-0. The whites then switched off letting Shipton get back in the game by grabbing a goal to make it 4-1. That forced a reaction from the Whites and they stepped it up a gear resulting in a first goal of season to Zac Roberts. Dylan Beauchamp then bagged again to finish the match 6-1 

Salisbury U13 were in action again on Sunday this time in the Wiltshire county cup.  
with 2 games in the 2 days the whites managed to get through this game to continue there unbeaten start to season with a 2-5 away win at Mere Town.
the whites started out the blocks really quick with a goal from Dylan Beauchamp to continue his fine form then the whites switched off letting Mere grab 2 goals to leaving Salisbury trailing at the break. 

In the second half the whites started getting the ball down and playing resulting in a quick goal from Dylan once again. Then 2 great passes from Archie Ford and Dylan set away Callum Wohler to grab his first 2 goals of the season with 2 great strikes.  
Then to finish off the game, Callum Young showed excellent vision to roll the ball through to Lewis Young for him to finish the game off and put the Whites through to the next round.

Under 11 South Wilts team

Salisbury's South Wilts League U11s edged a real tight affair against a tricky South Newton & Wishford side. Salisbury had the better of the first 20 mins of the half creating some great chances with Arthur Dodin running their defence ragged. Finbar Quin scored the opener, before a wonderful team goal, Alex Vincent playing a ball to Finbar Quin who laid it off to Arthur who finished nicely. In the final 10 minutes of the half the visitors grew into the game and caused us some problems, but we defended doggedly, before deep into injury time they got their reward with a good goal.

We never quite found our rhythm in the second half with the opposition now growing in confidence. It was a scrappy second half and again we were strong in defence Finbar White seemingly getting in the way of everything. The Whites fashioned a couple chances when breaking forward, effectively when we strung our passes together we looked good, but it was to few and far between. Our defending and goalkeeper was a massive positive. Well played both teams in a very competitive close game.

Mini Soccer round up.

Salisbury U10's continued their early season form with some impressive football against a spirited Littleton Whites side. The young Salisbury whites were rewarded for their early endeavour with goals from Barnaby and Elohenee, who then followed up again with a fine team goal. Freddie completed the scoring in the last quarter. Littleton battled to the end, but couldn't breach a compact and mean whites defence. Great effort boys.

Salisbury FC under 9's excellent start to the season has continued in a very close game against AFC Stoneham Spitfires. The whites remained resilient under pressure in a difficult first half, but came through when it mattered. Goals came from Charlie, Ben & Alfie & first clean sheet of the season for Elliot. MOTM went to Albie - excellent delivery and support up and down the pitch.